Friday, March 16, 2007

ERIN GO BRAGH! (Ireland Forever!) or . . . HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
AND . . . A FUN, FREE CONTEST

It seems only fitting to run a contest this month of March, when supposedly some forty percent of the population in the U.S. claim Irish heritage! Undoubtedly, there will be much wearing of the green and toasting with Guinness tomorrow on the 17th.

Some of you know that my sleuth Bridget O'Hern, is named after my great-grandmother. She came from Ireland, on the border between County Wicklow and County Tipperary. Supposedly, family lore, don't you know, says that she was a senachie, a story teller. It's my hope that some of that quality runs in my blood and in my protagonist's too. I do have this fictional Bridget O'Hern, just a little bit fey from her grandmother. It helps her intuition when solving crimes.

Now as to the contest . . . please go to my website at www.patriciaharrington.com. You can opt in to my very occasional newsletter list, AND, you can enter a contest. Simply write in one or two sentences "Why I read mysteries," and send me the answer. Your name will be put into a box and the winner randomly chose. The winner will receive a free, autographed copy of DEATH COMES TOO SOON.

There's no loss, no harm and no foul to this contest . . . but some fun for both of us.

Remember, go to www.patriciaharrington.com. Details are there, and click on the links to my books there for a pix of Death Comes Too Soon.

Yours in mystery,

Pat

No comments: